Service Pack 1 offers a number of enhancements, including:
- Optimized memory management for higher performance (improvements are particularly noticeable with the newer ARM Cortex-A8 and A9 processors)
- Updated networking stack (io-pkt) for better stability and higher performance
- Updates to security protocols, including ALTQ support for packet filtering and IKEv2 for setting up security associations
- Improvements to file systems for greater robustness and efficiency
- Updates to the USB stack, including better stack performance and stability, as well as support for the new USB classes CDC-ECM, CDC-ACM, and CDC-NCM
- 36-bit paddr support for the Freescale u-boot bootloader found in newer processors such as the P4080
To download Service Pack 1, or to learn more about it, visit the downloads section of the QNX website.